Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentines


Don't get me wrong, I love flowers, and I adore chocolate, the darker the better. But I do not "dig" Valentines day.

Celebrations are great, taking time out to appreciate and show/voice our gratitude of others is necessary imo. The problem I see with Valentines day is the mindlessness acceptance of what one should do, and the comparison that invariably happens, as well as the unrealistic expectations that do arise.

Yes, I will be celebrating Valentines. Yes, I got my Husband something, Yes, I will do something special for my kids. But, I will also use the day to try and nurture healthy attitudes, and challenge my family to go beyond the surface and materialism and to "dig" deep and come up with more for each other and for themselves.

How do you "dig" ?

emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment